Ashti Hawrami was appointed as an assistant to the Minister for Energy Affairs, according to an order issued by the Office of the Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region.
The order issued by the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region Council that it was decided to appoint Abdullah Abdulrahman Abdullah, and his name Ashti Hawrami, to take the post of Assistant to the Prime Minister for Energy.
The terms of reference of the Assistant to the Prime Minister for Energy have been determined by the following points:
– Follow-up of the implementation of the decisions and recommendations and policies of the Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq in the oil and gas sector, under Article (VI) of the Kurdistan Region Oil and Gas Law, No. 22 of 2007, and in consultation with the Prime Minister.
– Making recommendations to the Prime Minister in the field of energy.
– Coordination with the concerned authorities in the field of energy in the Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq.
– Completion of special tasks assigned by the Prime Minister, in the energy sector.
– Attend the meetings of the Regional Council for oil and gas under Article (IV) of the Kurdistan Oil and Gas Law, Kurdistan Region – Iraq, No. (22) for the year 2007, and the drafting of the agendas of meetings.
These responsibilities were assigned to the Assistant Prime Minister for Energy Affairs under Articles (IV) and (VI) of the Kurdistan Region Oil and Gas Law. Article (6) states:
First: Organization and supervision of oil operations, formulation, regulation and control of oil operations policies, in addition to organizing, planning, implementing, supervising, inspecting and auditing the implementation of all oil operations, as well as oil marketing.
Second: the conduct of negotiations and the conclusion of agreements and the implementation of licenses, including oil contracts completed by the Kurdistan Regional Government.